• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best HW config for importing Sony A7R3 Raw

Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After upgrading from Canon 40D to Sony A7 last year I found that my old Calumet card reader (running on 10 year old desktop hardware) was unable to read Sony SD cards.  A cheapo USB hub with a card reader was able to be read by LRC, but importing just 50 files routinely clocked in at 2+ hours...pretty rediculous.

Since I'm starting from scratch with brand new (current) hardware, what is the best hardware config for importing Sony Raw to LRC efficiently?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 10, 2021 Jul 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First you should make sure the problem is not the card itself ... simple troubleshooting ... do you have the same problem with another camera card?

If you do have the same problem, then you most likely have a bad card reader. I suggest you purchase any card reader that doesn't get described with the word "cheapo".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its definately not the card.  I have 4 cards, same issue with all of them.  The card reader was a vendor freebe at MSFT Ignite, so yeah. I'll purchase a USB 3.0 dedicated reader and see what happens.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you connect the camera directly to the computer? Doing so will help you to identify if you just have a bad card reader...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like USB 1 (maybe USB 2)

Have you tried a USB Card reader that's a bit newer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Its on the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines