Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

best metadata field for image medium or format in Classic

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey yall,

Is there a good known metadata field, i don't see one named specifically for this, for adding old school (pre digital) orginal format information: i.e 35mm, medium format, lage format, 4x5.

And similar question for old school mediums, similar to choice I have on my scanner. i.e b/w neg/print, color negative, transparency, polaroid, etc.

Can I make my own namespace and metadata fields in lightroom? 

-Andrew

Any suggestions appreciated.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom has limited metadata capabilities. For one it does not display all possible metadata fields.

Plugins exist to show more metadata while using Lightroom, And perhaps a already defined field exists that a plugin can help you with. But, in my mind, those plugins are viewers not editors.

Alternative is metadata editing outside of LrC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would need to repurpose a suitable field for, or else employ some keywording strategy for, specific original format.

But "Source Type" becomes visible when you select the "IPTC Extension" metadata set for the Metadata panel, giving standard hard options as the screenshot below. You could customise a Metadata view to present this field alongside the others that you require.

Screenshot 2021-08-10 084245.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great ideas, thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines