• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Best way of providing hundreds of low resolution images for client review?

Engaged ,
Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to provide hundreds of low resolution images from a photo session to someone else so they can select the ones they like, and make it as easy as possible for them to somehow flag them or mark them or write down the file name so I can do the same on my computer. In these types of situations I have done this in the past while sitting with them in my office though I am not doing this with Covid. What is the beat way of doing this?

thanks 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 13, 2021 Jan 13, 2021

Here is a  link  to learn more  about  collections: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/photo-collections.html

1. Create a collection (of the shoot) ticking on the Sync to Lightroom option.

2. Make the collection Public by ticking the button in the top right corner of the grid view in the  Library module.

3. Right-click on the URL and copy it to email or text it to your  client.

4. Paste the link in your browser of choice so that you can confirm what your client is seeing.

5. If  yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a  link  to learn more  about  collections: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/photo-collections.html

1. Create a collection (of the shoot) ticking on the Sync to Lightroom option.

2. Make the collection Public by ticking the button in the top right corner of the grid view in the  Library module.

3. Right-click on the URL and copy it to email or text it to your  client.

4. Paste the link in your browser of choice so that you can confirm what your client is seeing.

5. If  you  login to lightroom.adobe.com  you will have options for sharing and allowing downloads etc.

6. If you want clients to be able to use the Like/Comment feature they will be able to if  they login to their  own  Adobe account

7. If your  client doesn't  have an Adobe ID you can discuss the  shoot  over the phone or you can  create a separate account and login credientials and  share that with  your client.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I created the collection, though I am not sure where the Synch to Lightroom option is?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can sync in a number of ways. Look to the left most side of the column beside the name of the collection for a rectangle and click there. It will change to a lightening bolt. The other spot is a check box when you create the collection. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 15, 2021 Jan 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think I have this option. I have a .edu license so I'm guessing I do not have the cloud storage to be able to do this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Education licenses include Cloud Storage. Inside Lightroom go to Help> About Lightroom and tell us what version you're using. If using Lightroom Classic here's how to sync collections to the Cloud ecosystem.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/how-to/sync-photos-lightroom-mobile.html

How to share the collections with your customers on the Web.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/share-comment-feedback-collaborate.html

The below Lightroom Classic plugin 'Any Comment' will make it easier to achieve your remote client review objective.

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/anycomment.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ahhh...maybe my version is too old?

8.1 Release Camera Raw 11.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lightroom Classic (LrC) 8.1 supports these Cloud features as described at the links I provided. However, I highly suggest you update to the latest version, whch is 10.1.1 by going to Help> Updates inside LrC. This should launch the Creative Cloud app allowing you to update LrC. Makes sure you have Signed In by cliciking on the icon in the upper right-hand corner shwoing your account. Also make sure syncing is turned on by clcking on the cloud icon next to your account icon.

Creative Cloud App

Sign In.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines