We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.
I want to provide hundreds of low resolution images from a photo session to someone else so they can select the ones they like, and make it as easy as possible for them to somehow flag them or mark them or write down the file name so I can do the same on my computer. In these types of situations I have done this in the past while sitting with them in my office though I am not doing this with Covid. What is the beat way of doing this?
Here is a link to learn more about collections: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/photo-collections.html
1. Create a collection (of the shoot) ticking on the Sync to Lightroom option.
2. Make the collection Public by ticking the button in the top right corner of the grid view in the Library module.
3. Right-click on the URL and copy it to email or text it to your client.
4. Paste the link in your browser of choice so that you can confirm what your client is seeing.
5. If you login to lightroom.adobe.com you will have options for sharing and allowing downloads etc.
6. If you want clients to be able to use the Like/Comment feature they will be able to if they login to their own Adobe account
7. If your client doesn't have an Adobe ID you can discuss the shoot over the phone or you can create a separate account and login credientials and share that with your client.
1. I created the collection, though I am not sure where the Synch to Lightroom option is?
You can sync in a number of ways. Look to the left most side of the column beside the name of the collection for a rectangle and click there. It will change to a lightening bolt. The other spot is a check box when you create the collection.
I do not think I have this option. I have a .edu license so I'm guessing I do not have the cloud storage to be able to do this?
Education licenses include Cloud Storage. Inside Lightroom go to Help> About Lightroom and tell us what version you're using. If using Lightroom Classic here's how to sync collections to the Cloud ecosystem.
How to share the collections with your customers on the Web.
The below Lightroom Classic plugin 'Any Comment' will make it easier to achieve your remote client review objective.
ahhh...maybe my version is too old?
8.1 Release Camera Raw 11.1
Lightroom Classic (LrC) 8.1 supports these Cloud features as described at the links I provided. However, I highly suggest you update to the latest version, whch is 10.1.1 by going to Help> Updates inside LrC. This should launch the Creative Cloud app allowing you to update LrC. Makes sure you have Signed In by cliciking on the icon in the upper right-hand corner shwoing your account. Also make sure syncing is turned on by clcking on the cloud icon next to your account icon.
Creative Cloud App