Copied

Hi,

I create my collections by years.

so for example collection 2022

I create a set of collecion called Canada with it's own

Dynamic or normal  sub collection.

I create a set of collection called italy with it's own

Dynamic or normal collection.

In Dynamic collection instead to use only one whatever, all, no one in my opinion is better to also use logic statememt like (and, or, ect) between each value so in my example I want put some canadian photos I evaluate in green and red  I can do Valution color: Green OR valuation color: red AND File name contain: Canada.

In this way I can separete from photos took in Italy I evaluate in green and/or red

Regards

Ugo Merlini

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

the # method doesn't work I need a true boolean logic or in the latest version there is a bug

By @Ugo73

"Doesn't work" is a useless statement. Tell us what does not work. Does Lightroom not find some images that it should find? Does Lightroom find some images that it should not find? Give examples of those images. The # method has been around for many years and does not have known bugs. You can make very sophisticated searches with it, because you can use # multiple times in one smart collec

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking a question, or just presenting the method you use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe it's a suggestion (Idea) whereby Smart Collections would use boolean logic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

yes it's a suggestion to use boolean logic. For as now is quite incomplete for a fully funcional filter method just look at Mozilla Thunderbird message filter methotod.

Regards

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's difficult to fully understand what you are saying because of the language barrier, but I think I understand and I am pretty sure that what you want to do is actually already possible. If you set up a smart collection, then you will see a plus/minus icon on the right of each criterion, so you can delete it or add another criterion. Hold down the Alt/Option key and look what happens with the plus icon. It changes to an #. Click on it and you will see that you can now add an OR statement. This way you can setup a smart collection that searches for A and B or C. Is that indeed what you want?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

the # method doesn't work I need a true boolean logic or in the latest version there is a bug

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 03, 2022 Dec 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so I can understand, please tell us what doesn't work when you try it. Be specific. Give details. What "true boolean logic" isn't possible? The # works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

here two links to two pictures luna collection is mixed with canada collection

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As-ndO7NPfT-ojtreuxI80s71rCb?e=IRL7QT

https://1drv.ms/u/s!As-ndO7NPfT-ojkDtgJuITB33wpM?e=8mK3Rp

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Ugo

By @Ugo73

Look at my example. You clearly have not yet understood how the # works. It's useless to add a # line and then only one criterion.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, can you temporarily switch Lightroom to English? I don't read Italian so I'm not completely sure what I am looking at.

Update: never mind, Google Translate told me everything I wanted to know.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Google Translate on your first screenshot, and it's even more simple. First of all, at the top you should not select "Una qualunge" but "Tutta". And then you do not even have to use the #. Just add both lines and the smart collection will only find Luna pictures with a red label. If you want Luna pictures with red label or a green label, then use the # method like I showed for Canada pictures.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

By @Ugo73

Showing what you did does not help us understand what doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Ugo73

"Doesn't work" is a useless statement. Tell us what does not work. Does Lightroom not find some images that it should find? Does Lightroom find some images that it should not find? Give examples of those images. The # method has been around for many years and does not have known bugs. You can make very sophisticated searches with it, because you can use # multiple times in one smart collection.

If I understood your original message correctly, then you want to find all images that have 'CANADA' in their file name and have a red label or a green label. This smart collection will do that:

1 2022-12-03 13-37-08.jpg

If this is not doing what you want, then tell us what is still missing.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

finally I achieve what I wanted thanks Johan

Ugo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines