• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Black horizontal bands showing on raw files - Cloud upload corrupting raw files?

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Not sure what is going on here but I'm getting pretty worried with my files...

I shot 2 weeks of holidays on one SD card. 

I was offloading the files everyday on my iPad pro.

I synced all the files when I got back (about a 1000 raws). 

At this point, no issues in Lightroom CC (on my iPad), files were still ok. 

I opened Lightroom Classic to start downloading the files back my for local back up and some files started showing weird black band across them.

 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 18.21.11.png

Now when I reopen lightroom on my iPad, some of the bands are showing up (when they didn't before).

I checked some of the original files from SD card and they are find. 

Looks like the uploading process has corrupted some of my files.

Any idea what's going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

If you still have the original, you can re-upload that, or you can just copy (not move) the original to your Lightroom Classic somehow without uploading. There are many approaches here, and since I don't have your hardware, you will just have to try things and see what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the original file from the SD Card when I open it in Camera Raw... 

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 18.32.50.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a corrupted file. Go back to your originals and copy (not move) the originals to overwrite the corrupted files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick answer dj. I orginally uploaded the files through Lightroom CC so should I proceed differently? Like deleting in lightroom CC and reuploading?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have the original, you can re-upload that, or you can just copy (not move) the original to your Lightroom Classic somehow without uploading. There are many approaches here, and since I don't have your hardware, you will just have to try things and see what works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I reuploaded the raw files directly in my NAS drive folders. Worked perfect! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines