Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Blank metadata problem

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic 10.4 on Mac OS 10.15.7

I am doing some massive metadata clean-up and have run into a bug. It is showing up in the Library metadata Location entry fields, but possibly is happening elsewhere as well.  If I fill in a Location field with an entry, then go back to erase it and leave it blank (by back-spacing to delete), it does not accept my erasure. The field properly shows a blank, but when I do a Library metadata search, the image still shows up under the prior term.  The only way around it is to type in a space. Then it is reported as a blank space, rather than an Unknown Location.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 14, 2021 Oct 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you allowing some time for the metadata updates? It may take some time to update. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines