Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Blocked on lightroom 6 re-activation after my changed my CPU

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently upgraded CPU on my PC. The lightroom 6 start to ask me for activation. I am blocked at signin (which before entering activation code). Tried many times with the credentials that works on Adobe website. it just not work in Light Room6. The failure is talking about the validation code error but I never get a chance to enter any validation code on Light Room 6. 

Wonder how could I do to activate my LR again?

My account: xxxxx

Attached my purchase record from B&H Photos. Mod: Attachment deleted !!!

[Moderator]

[personal information removed per policy - 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/adobe-community-professionals/email-signatures-and-personal-informati...

[This is a public forum, not Adobe support, please do not post personal information]

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I get some one helping from Adobe.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you try the activation of Lightroom as an Administrator or an user with Admin rights on your machine?

What's the exact error message you get?

Have you try to reset the lightroom preferences?

How do I reset Lightroom's Preferences? | The Lightroom Queen

In your case you must reset the preferences manually. See the appropriate section in the linked document.

If nothing helps I would recommend a clean reinstallation by doing the follow the steps:

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your system is being recognized as a new computer unit because the CPU was changed.

You are allowed two activations concurrently.

Your old system will still be registered as activated in your Adobe a/c you may require to have Adobe staff deactivate that unit so your new one can be activated.

It may be necessary to have Adobe staff perform both functions.

Just some thoughts to consider.

Get the latest installer as suggested by Axel Matt.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2021 Sep 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Axel Matt Thanks for the suggestion, Though it seems I still have the problem even after uninstall LR. The biggest problem is the install require me to signin to Adobe to validate it is purchase. But the signin is actually broken.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the sign in is broken you have to contact the Adobe support. 

Sorry, but we're normal users and we can't help with account and/or payment problems.

Please click the link below to contact Adobe staff to help.

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below.

You have to allow 'cookies' in your web browser for this to work

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Click the chat icon in the lower right and type "agent" to get a human and not the chat bot.

If the sign in is here also impossible check this site: Reach us by phone (adobe.com)

Here you'll find the appropriate phone number for your region.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines