• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Disappeared and Replaced by Other Book

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had just finished making a book in the book module, but hadn't yet saved it.  I moved to a previous book I made last year as I wanted to check the font type and size on the spine for consistency, but when I went back to the book I had just made it seems to have been replaced with last year's book.  I've changed module and gone back but that doesn't seem to have made any difference.  When I click undo, the things it is undoing are the last edits from my book, but I can't find it anywhere!  How can it know what i've done but not find it?  Does anyone have any idea what might have happened, or how I might get it back?  It was 150+ pages and i'm gutted to have lost everything I had done.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is most important that when you start a new book that you should click on the tab at the top of screen that is [Create Saved Book]. If you did not do this then you will not find it!

[Create Saved Book] creates a special type of Collection in the Collections panel- a "Book Collection".

Now you MUST ALWAYS re-open this Book by a [Double-Click] on this Saved Book Collection (or a click on the arrow that appears at the end of the Book Collection name).

Only a 'Saved Book Collection' will record all your editing of this particular  book design.

By clicking on the top Module Menu [Book] LrC believes you are starting a 'new' book and previous editing done is lost if you have not created a Saved Book Collection.

Another hint is to also make "Duplicate" copies of Saved Book Collections (by a [RIght-Click] ) and treat these copies as Book Backups, or alternative design choices for your book.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2021 Sep 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Rob, lesson learnt the hard way!  New version nearly complete.  I'd been swapping between modules frequently as I made the book without issue - very annoying that it suddenly decided to lose it all at the last minute!  Anyway, book saved on creation this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines