• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Module: Apply settings globally?

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've spent quite some time working in Lightroom Classic Books.  I seem to always have to go through all the images individually to set things like padding, photo text offset, and others.  I see that you can set a custom "type" (size, opacity), to apply during auto layout.  But it seems very few things can be either set before importing or applied globally after importing.  Am I missing something?  Thanks for any advice!  -Randal Hundley

You need to ask program questions in the forum for the program you are using
To ask in the forum for your program please start at https://community.adobe.com/
Moving from Using the Community (which is about the forums) to the correct forum... Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

I find that 'Auto Layout' can be useful as a starting base for the book, but creating a Preset for Auto-Layout can be counter-intuitive.

A couple of suggestions-

1) Design your own Custom Pages and save. You can include Photo Text in a Custom Page.

Note: A Custom page is specific to a Book Size. (eg. a Custom page for 8x10in will only appear in 8x10 books)

Also -Custom Pages cannot be named - so choosing them is a 'visual' trial in the Page template selector.

2021-10-16 09_13_08-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg 2021-10-16 09_14_46-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

2) Design your Auto Layouts in t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 15, 2021 Oct 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I find that 'Auto Layout' can be useful as a starting base for the book, but creating a Preset for Auto-Layout can be counter-intuitive.

A couple of suggestions-

1) Design your own Custom Pages and save. You can include Photo Text in a Custom Page.

Note: A Custom page is specific to a Book Size. (eg. a Custom page for 8x10in will only appear in 8x10 books)

Also -Custom Pages cannot be named - so choosing them is a 'visual' trial in the Page template selector.

2021-10-16 09_13_08-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg 2021-10-16 09_14_46-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

2) Design your Auto Layouts in the Auto Layout Preset Editor, and Save. You can use your Custom Pages.

2021-10-16 09_13_55-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg   2021-10-16 09_43_55-Lightroom Catalog-v10 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Book.jpg

3) Text is more of a problem, but the font and size can be set Globally by first selecting 'all'   EDIT: Select all text cells, after you have created the book by Auto-layout.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines