• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Module Bugs in 10.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few things I noticed in the module today. 

I rencly posted about the develop module displaying different colors depending on zoom. That seems to have been fixed in the display module with the last update, but that issue persists in the book module.

The other issue I noticed is this, I did a basic album layout and made a saved book of that layout.

I then opened that layout, made a few changes, and clicked create saved book. I checked the box for "only include only used photos."

The new book project in the collection folder view shows the title "updated text"  34 photos

When I click the book to see the layout, it is totally fresh, 68 pages, instead of 20, with one photo per spread.

Am I using the book module incorrectly?

I see that there is a duplicate book option, but there is not a right click update saved book option like the develop module has for snapshots. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not real sure of your methods, but some comments-

You have made two quotes that I fail to understand-

made a saved book of that layout

clicked create saved book

How did you achieve the first?

-You only ever get one opportunity to [Create a Saved Book] as the tab does not re-appear after a 'Saved Book Collection' has been created.

-A 'standard' Collection of photos is NOT a book project. It is only a way to collect images for a 'new' book, but you must then [Create a Saved Book] that will be the "project".

-Any time you 'Open a Layout' by clicking on the top Module Menu [Book] , LrC believes you are starting a NEW Book.

-The one and only way to continue editing a 'Saved Book Collection' is to reopen the Book from this 'Saved Book Collection'.

- You re-open a Book project by a [Double-Click] on the Saved Book Collection, or [Click] on the white arrow at the end of the Book Collection name when you hover the cursor over the Saved Book Collection.

-A 'Saved Book Collection' (that has the tiny 'Book' icon) is a special type of Collection that is always 'updated' in real time as you edit your Book.

-There is no need to try and 'Update' or 'Save' a book project- it is all automatic as you edit the ''Saved Book' in the Book module.

- Note: You can view a Book Collection in Library Grid view, and you can delete or add photos to this Book Collection just as you can any 'Standard' Collection.

-"a duplicate book option" simply creates a copy of the Book in the Collection panel. It does not update a Book, but it does allow you to have different versions of your project. eg. a Blurb Book version, and a JPG 'Print' version. Each can then be modified separately. (Or I like to have the occasional 'copy' should I make a big error that is difficult to fix. ie. a Copy = a Backup)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines