Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Module: Problem uploading to Blurb with LRc 11.1

Community Beginner ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have reported the following to Blurb directly as well:

Problem: Book not completing upload to Blurb. Aborts with error message when uploading book covers in my project. Produces PDF just fine. Repeatable 100%.

Environment: M1 MacBook Pro Max running Monterey 12.1, Lightroom Classic 11.1 with Camera Raw 14.1.

Workaround: Exported book project as Catalog. Opened in old MacBook Pro 15 (2015), uploaded fine. Intel Mac was running Lightroom Classic 11.0.1 with Camera Raw 14.0.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't encountered any Blurb upload issues recently. I am wondering: Does the catalog created in your workaround upload from your new computer? Have you tested that?

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great suggestion! I hadn't tried that, tried it just now. Specifically, on my new MBP I opened the LR Catalog I'd exported (and which I'd then successfully uploaded to Blurb on the old MBP) and it failed again on the new MBP, at precisely the same point.

I also created a brand new test book, with the same photo (not used in any other project) on covers and every page for 20 pages, and that failed too on the new MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same OS, older MacBook. Uploaded a 40 page book last week, no issues. The workaround is an odd one however. Is it possible that originally, the Blurb servers were wonky? A lot of web services have been lately, and again hours ago:

Amazon Web Services is down AGAIN: Tech giant's latest cloud outage takes out Netflix, Doordash, Hulu and Twitch for millions across globe.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's guess it's possible there's some corruption in that LR catalog, although I've never had any problems with it until this Blurb printing issue. It's not likely to be a connectivity issue because it uploaded fine with Blurb when I transferred the exported Catalog to the old Intel MBP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt too it's some corruption in the catalog. But optimize is not a bad idea and AFAIK, it checks for such issues.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's another thing I hadn't thought to try: the Optimize Catalog option. Just did that on the original (multi- book project) catalog and the smaller single-book exported catalog and neither of those resulted in a successful Blurb upload. Same error. It's a puzzler, for sure. Another thing I could try would be to downgrade to an earlier release of LRc — might try that on the next book I've got cooking…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

T Another thing I could try would be to downgrade to an earlier release of LRc — might try that on the next book I've got cooking…

By @bbrewster

That be a good test.

To go back a version or so, use Creative Cloud application, next to the product you want to revert, click on... pick "other versions"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines