Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Book Module: Round Photo Cells ?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2022 Apr 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible to manually create a round photo cell ? Many photo book publishers provide such round cells in their templates but I have never noticed such an option in LR 9.4.

Many thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not possible in Book.

What you'd have to do is apply a Post Crop Vignette in Develop - something along these lines. So you're making the photo, not the cell, have rounded corners.

Screenshot 2022-04-05 at 12.08.27.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I have uploaded a typical photo. I need to circle-crop around the bronze sculpture.

A vignette does achieve this.

I am surprised that no one appears to have submitted this request to Adobe after all these years.

Best,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There have been quite a few request for non-rectangular photo cells in the book module but Adobe has never acted upon them. The book module hasn't really been updated in years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jao,

thank you for your interesting response. I am always pleased when I find that I am not the only one who stumbles upon a problem which btw Adobe could and should have resolved long ago.

Blurb is not the cheapest printing service and if it was not convenient to produce a book from LR I would more often use a different company.

Many thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines