• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bought LR 6 stand alone. Did everything I needed for business. Until I HAD to get subscription.

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a Real Estate photographer. I bought & used LightRoom 6 exclusively and successfully (I do not have Photoshop).. 

My imac no longer was able to access  LR-6 because of an update to my LR-6. So I had to get a subscription to LR  a result, I have lost ALL my presets both purchased and created. I can not acress my watermarks, and can only create NEW watermarks in Photoshop (which I do not have). How can I go back and use my LR-6 stand alone.  This subscription version is very limited without photochop ( again, I do not have and dont want to learn at this point). Any suggestions how I can go back to what I bought ?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No one forces you to get a subscription. LR 6 still runs on most Mac operating systems. (Can't be installed on the newer operating systems, but it runs).

This subscription version is very limited without photochop 

Don't know what you mean. Lightroom Classic subscription includes Photoshop. Maybe you bought the wrong subscription, you want the Photography Plan, not the Lightroom Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that you chose the wrong subscription plan that includes only  Lightroom (the cloud version) and doesn't include Photoshop. From the description of your needs, you probably should have subscribed to the photography plan which includes Lightroom Classic, Lightroom and Photoshop. Lightroom Classic is the step up from Lightroom 6 and is probably the version that you would find most beneficial for what you plan to use it for. Lightroom is the cloud version, and is somewhat limited feature wise when compared to Lighhtroom Classic. In short, I think you chose the wrong plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have uninstalled everything & stopped my subscription. I dont want to change plans, I would like to get my stand alone Light Room 6 running again. When Adobe updated my stand alone LightRoom 6 was no longer accessible.
My current situation is, I have my store bought disc, my redemption code, my serial number and a verification code. Apparently there is no longer an installer for this program. Can you please assist me with getting back to where I started “ stand alone Lightroom 6” ?
thanks. Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac operating system are you running? IF you are able to run the installer that is on the disk it will only install Lightroom 6.0. There were 14 updates that were made available. But first, please verify what OS you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so very much for your assistance..
I am running macOS Big Sur 11.5.2
Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will NOT install on a Mac computer running the Big Sur operating system. Although Lightroom 6 is a 64-bit application, the installer is 32-bit and Big Sur will not run the installer. There is no alternative to installing Lightroom 6. You can't have Lightroom 6 on that computer using that operating system because Lightroom 6 is too old & too out of date. You are going to have to choose  some other alternative, whether that be Adobe or some other vendor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I run a different operating system on my Mac, can I re-install my LR-6 ? What Mac-os would you recommend ?
Thanks, Will

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Mac-os would you recommend ?

The latest macOS on which you can install and run Lightroom 6 is Mojave. As the others have pointed out, Lightroom 6 will not install on Catalina or Big Sur.

There are plenty of articles online showing you how to downgrade to Mojave. Did you make a Time Machine backup before you upgraded to Big Sur?

As you have discovered, once you upgrade your operating system or buy a new Mac running Big Sur then you will no longer have Lightroom 6. You will need an Adobe Cloud plan to keep using Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may just go back to Mojave !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had he same problem.I did not want a subscription.  When I upgraded, to my dismay, my computer would no longer read my external disc on which I kept all my photos. As I had backed up my computer the tech team took me back to Mojave . My external disc then showed me the photos through LR6.  The only problem is that I can never upgrade my computer and will eventually have to buy a new one and keep the old one just for my photos. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@WillsFineArtImages wrote:
If I run a different operating system on my Mac, can I re-install my LR-6 ? What Mac-os would you recommend ?
Thanks, Will

Just boot into an older (pre Catalina) OS then you can install LR6 (as stated, it is a 32-bit installer). Then boot into the newer OS and run LR6. There is NO support and there could be bugs but it will run. I'm running LR 5 under Big Sur. Not that I use it for anything but testing, it runs, none the less with some limitations (Maps is DOA). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that is exactly what I will do... i will probably run into issues with my serial number already being used 2 years ago...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm a Windows user, I will refrain from making a recommendation other than you would really do well to subscribe to the Adobe photography plan and install Lightroom Classic, let it upgrade your existing catalog and go to work. It is a much more advanced Lightroom than Lightroom 6, and I think you would be quite happy with it. If you want to stay with Lightroom 6 then keep watching. I'm sure someone will be able to recommend which operating system you will have to go back to in order to install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Bring up Adobe.com
  • Sign in (you may be already signed in)
  • Upper right, your icon (profile picture) for your account, click on it, click on "View Account"
  • Scroll down to "Your Plans and Products". What Plan?

Ok, my bad, read reply's twice, answer once, you no longer have the subscription. Ok, but to understand, while at Adobe.com, what does purchase history state for the plan you had?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not acress my watermarks, and can only create NEW watermarks in Photoshop 

How did you create the old watermarks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In LightRoom 6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have another suggestion:

Instead of installing the old Mojave system on your mac, why not get an external drive. Install Mojave on that drive, make it a boot drive, and then install the disk etc. for LR 6 onto that boot drive.

You can then do your Lightroom work when booted into the external drive, and also use the newer operating system when you need it for everything else, by simply rebooting into the main drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly; boot off an external drive to install the old software and then reboot to the newer OS on the other.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I replied above and went back to Mojave as had all my photos on an external disc read through LR6. I wish I knew how to work the system you are describing but am far too old to comprehend it or to figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And yes - the subscription you would want is called the Photographer's or Photography bundle, which includes Lightroom and Photoshop and more!!!

And unless you erased your main drive at some point, you probably have the presets you purchased and your watermarks in a folder somewhere on that drive. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines