• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bridge metadata and Lightroom compatible.

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2018 Nov 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I tried LR years ago and it didn't recognize any of my saved metadata, such as description, location, etc. 

I just tried a search for such a question and found one unanswered since 2015.  I consider this very important, before I try LR again.

I don't want to reenter data of thousands of pictures again, or add to new stuff in LR and then have to do so again in CS6 Bridge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is compatible. So what is your specific problem? What exactly are you doing, and what do you think isn't working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have LR now.  I said that I tried it years ago and when I didn't see my metadata that was enter in Bridge (description, location, headline, dates added from scanned slides, etc), I wiped it off.  But now my CS6 version doesn't show Nikon Z7 raw files or any metadata, so I was considering a trial of LR again, and wondering how much it recognizes of RAW files that have been cropped, lightened or darkened so they appear thus in Bridge, though nothing is permanent.

Also, I know that if I use Nikon ViewNX-i, I can see the Z7 Raw files, make crops, changes in exposure etc, that are all impermanent, and any such changes are not visible in Bridge, and require doing the same things again to view there. 

I know that if I permanently save such modifications as a tiff or jpg file, then it will appear pretty much the same anywhere.

I also don't know understand about Photoshop CC subscription, and if any such changes or addition of metadata remain or exist only in the 'cloud' and disappear or are undone if subscription lapses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example, I see that all the Z7 data I entered in Nikon ViewNX-i, such as location, city state, country, is not showing up in Bridge, where there is now a separate folder, where I suppose that data is stored.  The date, that the camera actually stored is shown. This is with a few jpeg shot images, as CS6 doesn't recognize the RAW files.

In contrast, I see that my previously shot files with Bridge metadata, such as city, state, description, IS showing up in Nikon ViewNX-i.

So I am wondering about LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge changes are visible in Lightroom, and vice versa.

Nothing is stored in the cloud - unless you specifically choose to do so. Your Lightroom metadata and changes are stored in your catalogue, and When a subscription lapses you can continue using Lightroom - you just can't go into Develop to adjust images, or into Map. So you can find files and export them. Photoshop stops working, but you still have files that you created with it. Again, nothing is stuck in the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this old thread looking an answer to my problem.

I saw that most of the metadata are compatible but not the COLOR.

If I do any color clasification in LG I can not see that color in Bridge.

There is anyway to solve this issue? Are you experimenting the same issue or it is just me???

Thank you in advance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2022 Oct 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

At Pwdro, please explain which Lightroom application you are referring to, 

Lightroom (cloud-based) present version 6 or

Lightroom Classic present version 12.

Also what is LG you are referring to?

See the link for more info.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/which-lightroom-version-am-i-using/

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines