Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush shows grayed out until paint stroke

New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New Brush

I have found the brush icon under masking and have been using but it has stopped working. It is now greyed out with a disabled type symbol as per pic below. Can you please tell me how to get it to work. I have signed out, turned my computer off and it is still not working. It is driving my crazy. Would love help from any clever person out there.

Sue21872667s5vo_1-1637553795177.png

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it on several different photos, raw and non-raw?  Unless someone knows exactly what this is, it will help to narrow down the proximate causes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to 'Paint' (Brush or apply a Gradient) on the image- first! for the ! icon to disappear.

2021-11-22 16_33_17-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg    > Apply Brush >       2021-11-22 16_33_27-Roberts Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob, I never noticed that and just assumed it was unusual!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines