• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) during export

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a brand new computer so i can export my photos faster. I have installed a Adobe Lightroom Classic today, Windows 11 updated.

PC is working fine, unless i try to export my collection (462 photos) - i am not able to export them all without restart/BSOD. Sometimes i am able to export 250 and sometimes just 100...

Used functions: many, including color change, curve adjustments, contrasts...

On 2nd computer - Macbook Pro 2016 the export is slow but no issues...

SysInfo attached. I am attaching a dump as well.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows PCs have all sorts of problems with video card drivers. I'd make sure that all your driver software is designed for Windows 11 and up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since i got only integrated GPU, i have updated the GPU drivers last time today. Also i found a recommendation to turn off GPU in LR settings, which i did but it didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BSOD is caused by a hardware or driver malfunction. In the case of exporting, the most likely reason is that the computer has overheated and shut down. Check the cooling system in your computer to make sure all fans and all cooling components are working properly, and that the vents on the case are not clogged with dust and are not blocked by a solid object such as furniture or a wall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer is brand new, 6 NOCTUA fans running smoothly, no dust, no wall. PC was running about a week, no other issues, no issues in another (Adobe) softwares (so far)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Computer is brand new

New hardware can malfunction. Please recognize that fact and check all hardware, if its not the cooling system. Re-install all drivers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, pc is was stress tested for 24h, Archicad is working fine, even Photoshop seems to be working fine (just did a quick 15min check)... only thing misbehaving is LR when exportin few hundreds photos but errors seems to be random... is there some tool to monitor LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What pc stress test did you use? Archicad and Photoshop is not relevant, they can stress the system differently than Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used all system https://www.ocbase.com/ OCCT test running for 24h

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Memory test? Just in case there's an issue there. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OCCT got also RAM test, no errors for running 24h.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Windows Event viewer, and clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, there were 2 Errors, DUMP was generated and is attached to the first topic - mentioning that error happend in Lightroom.exe process... No other clues, no warrnings about drivers,etc ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines