• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bulk copy GPS data from jpg to raw

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following task and was not able to figure out a solution with either Lightroom Classic itself or Jeffrey Friedl's Geotagging plug-in.

From a mobile phone, I have a couple of hundred of photos, each once in raw and once in jpg. Each pair has the same timestamp, but only the jpg has GPS information. I would like to use only the raw files and delete the jpgs, but need to transfer the GPS information first. How would I do that?

I thought if it were possible to export a tracklog from the existing GPS data (in the jpg files), I could re-import the tracklog, and the GPS data would be assigned to the raw files based on the timestamp. However, I was not able to figure out how to initiate such an export.

Any ideas?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

You can try the Syncomatic plugin from John Beardsworth. Note: I have not used this plug-in for GPS, so I really don't know if it will do what you want, so your homework assignment is to find out and try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try the Syncomatic plugin from John Beardsworth. Note: I have not used this plug-in for GPS, so I really don't know if it will do what you want, so your homework assignment is to find out and try it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, DJ, this does the trick. Much appreciated. 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines