Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Bulk modification of file names

New Here ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am contemplating bulk modification of file names in my archive (this is for the purpose of sorting).

I want to change all files named 1.CR2 to 01.CR2 etc. and then relocate them in Lightroom.

I know how to do it individually but is there a plugin that will do bulk modification (add 0 before <digit>.CR2)

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would sorting by capture date/time do the same thing?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Almost... These are ancient photos, and I only added the capture date (manually) on some of them.

So I rather sort on <folder-name>.<file-name> combination.

However the sort puts 10.CR2 after 1.CR2 , which is why I need it to be 01.CR2.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all of the files you want to rename. Configure the Filename Template Edito dialog as shown in first screenshot below (i.e. use the 2 digit sequence number token). Click Done. Set the start number to 1 as shown in second screenshot. Check the format and number of files to be renamed is as required. Click OK

Untitled-10.pngUntitled-11.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! Looks promising. But how do I get  Filename Template Editor dialog 🙂

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ignore... I didn't see the "Edit" option

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  It did the job quickly (with a small modification).  You saved me a ton of time.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines