• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Catalina no longer support Lightroom Classic beyond 10.1.1?

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a "Later 2012" IMac with Catalina 10.15.7, Lightroom Classic 10.1.1  and PS 22.2.0. I have not updated in some time and when I tried to do so I got an error message.  " The specified product is not installed on this machine.  Please quit the installer and start over." Am I correct in assuming that I cannot upgrade beyound what I have now due to the age of my computer's operating system. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

The current release requires Big Sur: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

You can click on the ellipsis (the three dots) to the right of Lightroom Classic 12 in the Creative Cloud app and choose Other Versions there. A quick check says 11 ran on Catalina. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The current release requires Big Sur: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/system-requirements.html

You can click on the ellipsis (the three dots) to the right of Lightroom Classic 12 in the Creative Cloud app and choose Other Versions there. A quick check says 11 ran on Catalina. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. I’m old and guess I didn’t do a good job of keeping on top of things.
Lee

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't usually jump versions of OS this quickly, but there's been a lot of changes in the OS of late. 

Sean McCormack. Author of 'Essential Development 3'. Magazine Writer. Former Official Fuji X-Photographer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the future, keep in mind that this is now a regular pattern that both Apple and Adobe follow. Both companies support only the last three versions of macOS. Now that macOS 13 Ventura is out, the last three major versions of macOS that get fixes and security updates are macOS 11, 12, and 13.

Every fall, both Apple and Adobe release major upgrades to almost everything. And this is where we all need to pay attention now. With the new macOS, both companies drop the oldest supported one. So this year macOS 10.15 was dropped, next year macOS 11 will probably be dropped, and so forth. We all have to watch out now for the year when our Mac can no longer get updates because it can no longer install one of the three most recent versions of macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines