• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I choose to eject card after downloading?

Advocate ,
Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom takes control of whether or not a CF card from my camera is ejected after downloading photos. I would like to be able to always choose to have the card ejected as it would save steps to locate on the finder level and manually eject after downloading. Sometime, Lightroom amazingly comes up with dialog that shows check boxes checked for 'eject card after download' but most often it is 'dead in the water' so to speak with no choice as I show in my impage posted here. Why does it vary? And Is it possible to take control somehow and tell Lightroom to eject a card after downloading?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 10, 2022 Jul 10, 2022

Is this perhaps a CFExpress card? That is a known issue. MacOS sees such a card as a removable disk rather than a memory card, and as Lightroom uses the MacOS API, it does the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this perhaps a CFExpress card? That is a known issue. MacOS sees such a card as a removable disk rather than a memory card, and as Lightroom uses the MacOS API, it does the same.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, CFExpress and I was suspecting how it was behaving is exactly as you answer here. I wonder, however as sometimes, if I have the finder set to another program up front, then insert the CFExperss card, then bring up lightroom from behind, the CFExpress card then has the 'eject' box visible and checked. Tricking the MacOS API or something like that...Anyway I hope Lightroom can overcome this setback as the CFExpress card is a fabulous medium to use in today's best cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines