• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I do a radial mask with a subject mask active and in place?

Advocate ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to do a radial mask but just of the subject and not affecting the background. Is is possible to selcect the subject and then apply a radial mask to only affect that selected subject?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Does this do it?…for the subject mask, choose Intersect Mask with > Radial Gradient, then drag to create the gradient. The intersection should limit it to being within the subject mask.

Select-Subject-intersect-with-Radial-Gradient.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this do it?…for the subject mask, choose Intersect Mask with > Radial Gradient, then drag to create the gradient. The intersection should limit it to being within the subject mask.

Select-Subject-intersect-with-Radial-Gradient.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's impressive and sounds like it would work. Let me prove it out at the computer tomorrow and will report back. Thanks for responding!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines