• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I install and use german version of adobe photoshop lightroom 6 as a non german speaker?

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2022 Aug 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am about to buy a standalone Adobe photoshop lightroom 6 german version with its license for use on my windows 10 PC.

Just wondering if I will have issue with understanding the content because i dont speak german. Also is this stable with windows 10?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a "German version" of Lightroom 6. In Lightroom 6 preferences, you can switch the language to something else.

Lightroom 6 should run well on Windows 10, but parts of it no longer work, specifically Maps (and maybe one or two other things that I don't remember now).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you install Lightroom, it should automatically default to your system language.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where you intend to buy Lr 6 from, but be aware that Adobe no longer sell or support it. It's also worth noting that there have been a number of posts in recent months from folk who bought what they thought was legitimate license, which turned out to be a scam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ian for your prompt reply. I know Lr6 isnt sold or supported but is there a way to confirm the authenticity of the license before purchase?

What would you advise as my intent is to buy my own license without being tied to any subscription.

Thanks

AJ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are buying Lr 6 at this time, I don't think there is any guarantee that the serial number that comes with the software will work. I'd be extremely skeptical that this will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I wrote above  "It's also worth noting that there have been a number of posts in recent months from folk who bought what they thought was legitimate license, which turned out to be a scam."

Therefore, I suggest you do your own 'due dilegence' to determine whether the seller is authorised by Adobe. If not, then buy at your own risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree with @Ian Lyons and @dj_paige . Lightroom 6 is obsolete. Unless you buy it from somebody you know and trust, don't buy it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @dj_paige @JohanElzenga @Ian Lyons , appreciate your weighing in on this.

I take it that there isnt any way of acquring the LR without subscription at this time? I just want my own license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way buy Lightroom Classic without subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you do buy Lr6, you have to do a license transfer.

Requirements to transfer a license

• Both the license transferor (current owner) and the recipient (new owner) must complete a Transfer of License form. Both forms must be returned to Adobe before the license can be transferred.
  • To transfer the license, the product serial number must be registered in the Adobe profile of the transferor.
  • You must qualify under the Transfer of License policy.

See https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines