• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I link retrieved files with my LR Catalog

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an external hard drive that failed - fortunately I have a cloud service backup.

When I obtain the drive from my backup service, all of the folders etc will be intact but as far as I know there is no way to link these to the original corresponding folders in my LR catalog and retain my LR edits. Is this true and how can solve this so that I can link the retrieved files to the folders and retrieve my edits?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2022 Dec 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you replace that hard drive, and then, when you copy those folders and files from the backup, will the resultant folders and files have the same names and absolute paths as what you had before the disaster? And can you provide the new hard drive with the same name as before?

If so, then LrC might be happy without having to fix anything in the catalog. Or, you might simply need to update the folder(s) in the folders panel

see:

https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

https://lightroomkillertips.com/pointing-lightroom-classic-new-drive/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2022 Dec 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is really helpful, I will give it a go!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes - it is easy and works!!! Just make sure you watch the name of the first photo in the folder to sync all the others

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 04, 2022 Dec 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Back in business! Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... as far as I know there is no way to link these to the original corresponding folders in my LR catalog and retain my LR edits. Is this true and how can solve this so that I can link the retrieved files to the folders and retrieve my edits?

It is not true. See https://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr2_find_folder/find-folder.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help - all good now!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad to hear that!!! have fun with LRc!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines