• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I remove synced photos from the cloud?

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that I have about 10 000 photos synced in the cloud.  I have removed every synced collection from my latest 2 or 3 LR catalogs, in the hopes that I can sync a single collection from that catalog.  Every catalog that I try to sync ends up freezing and I have to force close LR, restart LR and then pause syncing.

Is there a way to remove synced photos from the cloud?  If so, will that allow my catalogs to sync afterwards?

Thanks,

Marika

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

I found a way to do what I wanted to do!  Thanks for your response though.  Now, how do I close this forum discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marika,

I'm going to assume that because you are in LR-Classic asking questions you are using LR-Classic forum and not the new Lightroom-CC. The easiest way to tell is if your Lightroom icon has square corners not rounded corners (former-Classic, latter-CC).

I'm also gather that you are syncing your images from various Collections you have in the left-hand column located below your Folders.

The one thing that confuses me is that you state you have removed "every synced collection from your latest 2 or 3 LR catalogs..."

The reason why this confuses me is that (I also have multiple collections) and when I stop one collection and start up another, my synced images stop being synced. I only sync from one of my collections. When I start up a different collection, I make sure that my syncing is set to off so as to not confuse or conflict with my other catalogs. I also have nowhere near that many images in my synced collections so I may only provide limited support for you (but willing to try).

also, while it probably doesn't make a difference, you might want to add your operating system so that we know what you're working with. Also, can you please verify which version of LR you are using (e.g., 7.0.1 release).

Hope this will help you on your way to resolve your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2017 Oct 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a way to do what I wanted to do!  Thanks for your response though.  Now, how do I close this forum discussion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to close it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary, I sync using the latest version (10.2?) of LR Classic on a Win10 machine. I want to selectively delete many of those synced images so they don't count against my Cloud storage limits. How do I do that, please.  Thanks so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are synchronizing collections from Lightroom Classic then those images are smart previews and they don't count against your cloud storage. The only time your cloud storage is impacted is if you use Lightroom (the desktop version or the cloud version) and import master images directly using that version. If you are importing to Lightroom Classic and creating collections and sharing those collections, there is NO impact on your cloud storage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines