• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I schedule photos to be printed on a schedule ?

Explorer ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All, 

I have a Cannon photo printer and to save on ink waste I am supposed to print at least 1 photo per day.

Is there a way in lightroom CC or other program that I can use to schedule a printing ? For example if I need to go out of town for a few days I would not be able to print the 1 photo/day so I am looking  a way to schedule it. 

This is for windows 10. I have Adoble cloud and it is being updated automatically, so I am on the latest version available. 

Thanks for any input 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love to find this out too. As our inkjet printers last longer the more they get used. Probally can be done with a script or action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What model printer do you have? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I take it these are prints you want as opposed to something simple like printing a test pattern once as day.

I don't think LrC has anyway to schedule printing itself. However, depending on the model of the Canon printer, it looks like you can use the Canon software to schedule the print.

I don't think Windows 10 has a print scheduler for jobs. You could print your images from LrC to file then use a 3rd party product to schedule the print. Note, I've never tried this. There are command line style methods to schedule print jobs if you Google it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this is just to keep the ink flowing, so it doesn't need to be a perfect print or even a photo, then it can be any application that can print an image and can be automated/scripted on a schedule.

Photoshop can be scripted with JavaScript and VBScript (or AppleScript if it was a Mac), so maybe that’s a possibility.

I wonder if anyone has come up with a test image that uses about the same amount of each ink, so that some cartridges won’t run out faster than the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Qimage enables you to schedule how often it will automatically print its unclog pattern sheet. It is a single 8.5 x 11 plain paper print that uses a minimal amount of ink.  It can be scheduled to run as often as you feel it needs to be run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines