• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I stop LR assigning and adding PSD edits to my library?

Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens all the time. I select, say, 5 images to edit. They open up in Photoshop. I edit them and save as PSD files. They automatically get added to my LR library as aditional files, bonded to each of the edited RAW file.

I don't want LR to add any new files in my library. How can I prevent that?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Adding them to the LR catalogue keeps them under control. It's part of LR's role managing your pictures.

If you want to avoid it, then export and set PS as the post processing step. You can also duplicate the document in PS, save the duplicate and dump the other file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged , Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Yeah, thanks. I've been doing "find the missing files" for a while. Then LR would collect all missing (deleted) PSD files for me and I'd delete them in one take.

But I thought there was a command that would prevent adding in the first place. I see now it's by design, so ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes Michael, I use that often when I just require an image to share to a friend or send to print and do not require it in my Catalog.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines