• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can import but can't move files to a specific drive in Lightroom Classic 10.2 for Mac

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks. My apologies if this has already been covered. Searched the forum under a number of topics to find the answer to this but I cannot seem to find a solution. 

Version is LrC 10.2 for Mac

System is 2010 Mac Pro on Mojave 10.14.6

Most of my files live on an internal HDD RAID for long term storage, lets call it HDD. My working files live on an internal NVME SSD RAID, lets call it SSD. This worked beutifully and I could move files back and forth between the two until I recently got hit with a malware attack and had to restore from an earlier backup. I had imported photos after the malware attack and moved files around in LrC, so after restoring from backup I restored my LRCAT file from the latest version i had (did not move SYNC OR HELPER because I forgot). I then imported some new photos to SSD. After that I realized that I could import photos to SSD, but i couldnt move photos from HDD to SSD. Even new folders and photos made after the restore and imported to SSD, once moved to HDD, cannot be moved back. I get the error message in the photo below. 'There was an error copuing files to the desitation you selected. the following files could not be copied:" I also need to mention that during the restore process I had to break up my SSD RAID and remake it, for reasons I wont get into. 

So far to resolve the problem I have search the quoted text above in tis forum. Most reponses are about permissions. I have verified the permissions are open to me (current user, admin) on the drives and the folders. This had no effect. I also saw one person said APFS vs HFS+ might be different, and i couldnt remember that SSD was before the restore, so i tried both. Still not able to copy. I am at a bit of a loss now as to what I must do to restore normal behaviour in LR. Has anyone had this problem before and can advise a solution? Thanks so much. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I forgot to mention, I also gave LrC full disk access through the security settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines