Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can not print from Lightroom

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2021 Aug 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

About 2 months ago, Lightroom Classic stopped printing on my iMac. One day it worked, the next day it didn't. I can print from Photoshop or any other program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, i have deleted the printer and added it back in, there have been updates for both Big Sur and Lightroom since this started and they don't fix the problem. I have reset the LR preferences; I have checked that the paper settings on the printer match the settings on the screen. I can print from LRC using my laptop and I'm running all the same software and using the same settings in the print dialogue box. I have been using PS since the mid-90's and LR since it came out and I am baffled. I have an iMac that's a few years old (newer than my laptop) and an Epson Surecolor 8000 that is about 2 years old. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then maybe do the Epson Enema and install both drivers (from Epson) again: 
1.Delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.

2.Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.

3.Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).

4.Then reinstall drivers from Epson and never Apple.

When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer, on 10.X I had to wait almost a minute before the IP version of the printer showed up, whereas the Bonjour one shows up right away. Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.
Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.

NOTE: IF you have more than one Epson printer, you need to install the driver in the order of their release! Older then newer or you run into issues (eg, install 4800 before you’d install 3880).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reply. I actually did that during one of the uninstall/re-install. I found that recomendation in an old thread on a dimilar topic but it didn't work for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using an icc profile? And letting LrC manage the colors?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried it in all modes; ColorSync, Epson Color Control, and ICC profiles (which is my norm). Also, I repeated digitaldog's recomendation for good measure but it didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 29, 2021 Aug 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So when you say it doesn't print, you send the document out, nothing happens or there is an error? 

If you start from scratch, create a NEW print template after configuring everything and I mean everything (In the Printer dialog and LR), any better? 

Also never use anything in the Epson driver other than Presets:Default Settings. 

You may have to reset CUPs 

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/reset-mac-printing-system-solve-a-problem-mh14001/mac

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines