• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't apply presets to photos

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure what is happening or what I am doing wrong but when I go into Develop and click on presets they don't apply anymore to my photos. These are presets that were working perfectly a week ago, to my knowledge I didn't make any changes to Lightroom to cause this issue...I can highlight all the presets  still but when I click on them nothing happens, however the weird thing is that I can still make manual changes to levels on the photo. 

I have so far tried:

• Reset my Mac and Lightroom
  • Deleted Lightroom preferences
  • Uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom 
  • Deleted and reimported presets

I'm not sure what else to try at this point, or if I have somehow done something to the photos that means they are 'locked' for presets? 

I'd really appreciate any help with this, thanks! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

How did you reset the preferences? By using the option/shift key combo at startup? If so, try deleting the preferences file, which is more thorough than resetting it. 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you reset the preferences? By using the option/shift key combo at startup? If so, try deleting the preferences file, which is more thorough than resetting it. 
https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh my goodness that did it! I followed this and then restarted the mac and lightroom and my presets are working again! thanks so much 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Romania. How did you fix the problem? I tried to resets the preference guide but still the same problem. If I copy my presets then paste to a new photo the presets won't work it's like has pale colours.

I need help please 🙏 

Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2023 Jun 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is not how presets work. You do not copy a preset and then paste it to a new photo. You select the photo and then click on the preset.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines