• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't delete files or rename folders within Lightroom

Participant ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me preface this by this is definatley user error with the issues i'm seeing.

Been using LRCC for years without issue.

I've been trying to purge images that i've managed to copy on more than one occasion.

All images are on the same 6T internal drive

All permissions seem to be correct when I check anywere from the drive itself all the way down to the file itself.

Issue started when I was trying to delete images from finder. i would get the password notice to delete image. In the same drive i would click on another folder with same permissions and delete an image/images from there without password notification. I have some images on my home ssd drive that delete without password notification.

I then decided to take all those separted copied folders on my 6T drive and load them into LR thinking it might be easier to drag and drop/ delete images from there. Those imported copied folders won't allow me to deleted from disk or change the name of the folder inside of LR.

I did do an upgrade on the older mac to mojave 6+ months ago. Not sure if that has anything to do with issues.  LR seemed fine and still is, unless im dealing with the new copied imported files from the 6T drive

I'm sure seems like it's a permission thing but I've checked and double checked "get info" and the admin says "read & write". I've also checked the gear box below and "applied to enclosed items"

I'm stumped! 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Get Info is only a start, it is possible permissions are still hosed. 

Download and run this great and free utility, better? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html
https://www.macworld.com/article/352902/onyx-review-macos.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2021 Nov 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link. I actually had an older version installed. Upgraded and ran the maintenance.

Still same issues. I originally though it had something to do with the drive it was on. I transfered all the files to another drive and still get the same issues. So I ruled out the drive issue. Any idea of what would be the next best step?

Thanks for your time.

Owen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So ran Onyx with no luck in fixing issue.

tried running comm R and I can't get it to start up in recovery mode.

some of my files work fine in LR other do not.

haven't tried using recovery from internet yet.

want to make sure I don't loose any info when I do this?

I don't think its a LR issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is only an issue with that one SSD? You can copy or delete from or another drive?

Do you have a backup of the SSD which is bootable and if so, can you boot off that and try to see if it now works?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines