Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Drag Keywords in Lightroom Keyword List

Community Beginner ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to re-organize and finding two problems in Lightroom:

1. I can't drag and drop keywords in the keyword list so I can't add hierarchies or move words that are in the wrong hierarchy.
  2. Even though I have instructed LR not to export a few organizational keywords, it still does so. I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.

Thanks for any responses. I'm using Windows 10 and the latest version of LR CC.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.

That's a known bug -- LR will always export keywords with the Person attribute, even if you have Remove Person Info checked, unless the keyword is associated with a face rectangle added by face recognition.  See Lightroom: Keywords with Person attribute exported even if Remove Person Info is selected | Photoshop Family Customer Co…

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I can't drag and drop keywords in the keyword list so I can't add hierarchies or move words that are in the wrong hierarchy.

Do you have more than about 1500 keywords?  LR Windows starts choking when you have more than that, and Adobe has decided not to fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have even changed them to people keywords and instructed the export dialog not to export people keywords. They still show up after export.

That's a known bug -- LR will always export keywords with the Person attribute, even if you have Remove Person Info checked, unless the keyword is associated with a face rectangle added by face recognition.  See Lightroom: Keywords with Person attribute exported even if Remove Person Info is selected | Photosho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even though I have instructed LR not to export a few organizational keywords, it still does so.

Exactly what steps are you taking to do that?  And how are you verifying that the keywords are present in the exported file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Unable to drag and drop keywords in the keywords list so I cannot change hierarchies. Did you find a solution to the problem ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2023 Feb 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue, anyone found a solution ???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem here. Please provide a lot more details, exactly what are you doing, tell us step-by-step. Also please provide the following basic information:

Adobe Forum.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm just trying to drag and drop a keyword list into another by clicking the keyword list, holding it & and dragging it. Some work and some don't and I wonder why!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines