Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't eject an external hard drive after using Lr

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2021 Jul 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a frustrating problem - I can't savetly eject my external hard drive after using Lightroom Classic CC. 

I can do it normally, after browsing files/ photos, but once I've imported some photos via Lightroom, or even launch Lightroom on my computer, it's impossible. 

I've tried turning off an autorun for foldera, shutting down all background Adobe processes, uninstalling Creative Cloud, restarting explorator.exe etc.

Do you have any suggestions how to solve it ? 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this happen with external drives. I believe it's Windows and may be related to indexing of the drive. There are some utilities out there that will show files that are open by which process. This may help in determing what is going on.

If you wait for a bit, you can usually eject it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for anwser, 

I've already tried one - it's called "unlocked" - it showed nothing. So I given up this method, but if you know any other program that can do this, i would be thankful for giving me a name/link 

And of course I'll try to wait and see if I can eject the drive after a while 

Thanks again 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom sometimes has several secondary processes being completed after you may have finished a working session. It may be possible that Lightroom does not wish you to disconnect the External Hard drive. A couple that comes to mind is face detection and address look-up. You can pause them if you wish.

Screenshot 2021-07-22 at 8.35.49 AM.png

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, 

I'll try to pause mentioned process. Please let me know if any other similar process came to your mind. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines