• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Export Multiple Images from Lr to Ps

Engaged ,
Mar 02, 2023 Mar 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a RE Photographer & just built a new pc for photo editing, in the process of moving files from other pc, PSD's I've created for advertising, programs (Lr & Ps), presets & actions, etc...First off I don't do hdr blending, I do flash & ambient blend. I'm also not a gamer, both pc's I talk about are for work. There is no need for overclocking, again not a gamer. Runs just fine with less stress.  

Did a TEST to make sure all is operating properly on the new pc. I opened Lr & imported a few images. Made adjustments to 2 images, selected both & opened as layers in photoshop. Ps opens & the 2 images start to load, then it freezes & I get a dialog box that says Sorry, an error occurred, I select don't send report and I'm kicked out. I made another attempt & did send a report, haven't heard anything. (Did receive a instant auto response about GPU compatibility and what to look for, most didn't apply to my situation). I can however import just 1 image, do editing then re-import back to Lr. While in Ps I can also create a copy of that image (Ctrl+J), make exposure adjustments to that image, create a layer mask, blend image, merge or flatten the images, and can re-import back to Lr. So it does appear that Ps is operational so maybe its Lr, not sure at this juncture. 

Here's info on PC's & what I've done thus far:

New PC, Lr & Ps was up to date with the latest versions, Lr 12.2, Ps 24.2.0.315. I uninstalled Ps, then re-installed the newest version again & still had the same issue. Then I uninstalled it again & installed the last version (Ps 24.1.1.238) because its working fine on my older PC. Still have the same issue. 

I have not re-installed Lr, again 2 images did export & start to load into Ps but then froze up. And I can export a single image from Lr to Ps, make a copy of that image, blend 2 the 2 images, merge together, and re-import back into Lr. So is it Lr or Ps?

In Ps I went to the Preferences tab, I unchecked 'Use Graphics Processor' & I was able to import 2 images from Lr into Ps, blend images then re-import back to Lr. However the display when I zoom in/out broke up a was choppy/jerky/ a touch of lag & image split up in a couple spots before coming together, not a smooth transition. Works better with the GPU staus checked, very smooth and responsive. As for the GPU I googled it & it would work with Lr & Ps. When in use the fans do run when the default temperature is reached. 

I checked my GPU driver and it was for gaming, most are these days, it was a older version, don't remember which one it was, I was hoping there was a studio driver available and there was so I installed it. I still had the same issues. But it did seem a lot more responsive and faster during adjustments and in my Lumenzia plug in. 

I've googled and looked for youtube videos and found nothing. Also to be clear I did restart my PC everytime I made adjustments in Ps Preferences and with driver update as well as every version of Ps I installed.   

New PC Specs:

ASUS B660i

i7-12700K (unlocked)

Corsair H100i AIO

Windows 11 Home

'C' Drive Samsung 980 SSD 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVME M.2

('C' Drive 1TB - 838GB Free of 930GB)

EVGA GTX1650 Super, 4db GDDR5 (Studio Driver version 31.0.15.2849)

Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5, 64GB 5200mhz

PSU Corsair SF750

Programs Loaded:

Lr version 12.2

Ps version 24.1.1.238

Br version 13.0.2.636 (I never use Adobe Bridge, keep it in case I do need to see a raw image)

Lumenzia (Newest version) (but since the uninstall/re-install its gone)

paint.net

iCUE

NVIDIA GeForce Experience (needed it for the driver update)

Older PC, Lr & Ps work flawlessly, Lr 12.2, Ps 24.1.1.238 

(Have not updated Ps due to the issue I'm having on the new PC, prefer to wait)

ASUS Prime Z390-A

i9-9900K (unlocked)

Corsair Hydro Series H115i AIO

Windows 10 Home

'C' Drive Samsung 950 SSD Pro 512GB NVME M.2

MSI GTX 1060 6DB

Corsair Vengeance 64GB DDR4 3000mhz

PSU RM650i

Programs Loaded:

Lr version 12.2

Ps version 24.1.1.238

Br version 13.0.2.636 (I never use Adobe Bridge, keep it in case I do need to see a raw image)

paint.net

iCUE

Lr version 12.2

Ps version 24.1.1.238

Feel like I've exhausted all my options & getting frustrated, I'm just missing something. As for my technical expertise I can just go so far, so if anyone reponds please break it down in a simple way so I understand what has to be done, I'm techie to a point then its over my head. 

I hope someone has some answers for me, sure would like to use my new editing PC.

Regards-Jp

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some questions.

You stated that you do not overclock, but what about other than CPU overclocking?

• RAM  Overclocking. DDR5 RAM , did you perhaps, in the BIOS, enable a XMP profile? This would require your actions, not a default.
  • GPU Overclocking, Also, EVGA, did you perhaps use the EVGA GUI app to overclock the GPU? This is not the same as using the NVIDIA control panel for power settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 03, 2023 Mar 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply & information. I figured it out this morning. It was a Ps setting. In the Performance tab I had to uncheck 'Use Open CL', & in the Technology Preview tab I had to check 'Older GPU mode'. That corrected the issue. I knew it had to be a GPU setting. It would work if GPU was unchecked in the Performance tab, as soon as I check it I had the issue. It was either a program setting or something I changed in the Nvidia Control Panel for best settings for Ps. My last effort was to go back to Restore Default Settings. Again thanks for your insight.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines