• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Find Photos To Import

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the newest Lightroom, and I am having trouble importing pictures. I'm using a MacBook Pro, and I can see all the pictures in my "Photos" app and the album I need imported. When I open Lightroom and try to import said photos, they aren't appearing anywhere.

I was having a similar issue, and I opted to re-install the app. Before the re-instillation I could find the images, but when i went to import them, it said that they could not be read, therefore not imported.

Now since the re-installation, I can't the new find pictures I need anywhere. Maybe re-installing it was a mistake but at that point I was up for anything. After reading many articles and watching many tutorials, I am still lost and can't find a solution.

For anyone who can offer any help, thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

You photos are currently embedded within the Apple 'Photos' in your 'Pictures' folder, which means they're not visible to Lightroom. To make them visible to Lightroom you should right click on the 'Photos' icon in your 'Pictures' folder, then choose 'Show Package Content'. Within the package you should find a folder named 'Masters'. You can either drag or copy this folder to your 'Pictures' folder. Your photos should be visible in the Lightroom import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2017 Jul 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You photos are currently embedded within the Apple 'Photos' in your 'Pictures' folder, which means they're not visible to Lightroom. To make them visible to Lightroom you should right click on the 'Photos' icon in your 'Pictures' folder, then choose 'Show Package Content'. Within the package you should find a folder named 'Masters'. You can either drag or copy this folder to your 'Pictures' folder. Your photos should be visible in the Lightroom import window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a totally different problem ..I usually edit and retouch in Photoshop and now that I have finished working and having my Portfolio ready I want to make a Photo Book & I see I must go to Lightroom Classic to do so which I used it to do some Tethering Photo Practices and I noticed that those photo samples are the only ones there...because when I went to the Book Module to begin doing my Portfolio Book I was trying to search for the " OPEN"  option in the FILE section  of LRC

( As It Exists In Photoshop ) to get access to my "PHOTOS MAC LIBRARY" I Could Not Found That Simple device (or whatever its called ) To Begin Downloading My Library Photos to The BOOK Section of LRC so I Could Begin Making My Book & then Print It So I can Begin Using It to Promote My Creative Concept Solving Photography Pro Services Next Year...  I am looking for Simple solutions that are Not Time Consumming ...I have noticed that the Developers of LR or Photoshop love to complicate our lives with Long Elaborated "Solutions" ...Please Give Us A Gentle Break...that is just a Simple Click Away...many thanks..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a totally different problem ...

Please start a new thread with your problem. Explain it from the beginning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is necessary to use the Import option in Lightroom to add images to the catalog because the Lightroom catalog is the only file Lightroom opens. All adjustments are stored in the catalog and the book you wish to create is stored in the catalog. It isn't a problem of Adobe making things difficult. It's a problem of you understanding how Lightroom and Lightroom Classic works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines