• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find Sigma profile

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using LC for over a decade. All of a sudden it no longer has a profile for the Sigma 150-600 c lens. Any ideas why?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same camera?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, D850, always shoot raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, D850, always shoot raw.

By @willowglenner

Double check that. You would not be the first one who has inadvertently changed his camera from raw to jpg and didn't notice it.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Yes, D850, always shoot raw."

Triple-check you're really working with a raw file by typing "i" in Develop until you see the file name in the info overlay in the  upper-left corner. There are many reports here of people not realizing their camera settings had accidentally got reset and they were working with JPEGs rather than raws.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Triple-check you're really working with a raw file by typing "i" in Develop until you see the file name in the info overlay

By @johnrellis

And if for some reason the file name is not in the Info Overlay because it was customized, the File Type can always be viewed definitively in the Metadata panel in the Library module, if the Metadata Set is “EXIF and IPTC”.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best way to check if an image is raw (a DNG can be raw or RGB) is by looking at the white balance sliders in the develop module. A raw file will show temperature in degrees Kelvin. An RGB file will show a temperature adjustment slider, initially set to zero.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To my chagrin, you are absolutely correct. Somehow my settings on the D850 were changed last week. I appreciate your responses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it resolved. It's not uncommon -- the default settings of LR don't make it obvious you're working with a JPEG instead of a raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPG or Raw photo? There are usually no lens profiles for JPGs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not a Sigma user, but this is what it shows when I dig into Lightroom Classic 12.1 for macOS (using Show Package Contents) and look at the included lens profiles:

Lightroom-Classic-lens-profile-Sigma-150-600mm.jpg

(from /Applications/Adobe Lightroom Classic/Adobe Lightroom Classic.app/Contents/Resources/LensProfiles/1.0/Sigma/Sigma/)

Are any of those the one you need? If so, then the profile is there but something is preventing it from being available in the application, such as an unsupported file type or something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Conrad, I will dig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines