• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't find the Enhanced Spot Removal tool on the toolstrip

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Lr Classic and cannot seem to find the Enhanced Spot Removal tool. I was expecting to find it on the toolstrip, but don't see it. On my toolstrip I see the Edit, Crop, Healing, Red Eye Removal, and Mask icons. (I have attached a screenshot of the toolstrip I see.)

Other posts indicate that the Spot Removal tool is in the Healing tool section, but when I choose the Healing tool, I see Content-Aware Removal, Heal, and Clone (no spot removal).

TIA for advice and help.

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Other posts indicate that the Spot Removal tool is in the Healing tool section, but when I choose the Healing tool, I see Content-Aware Removal, Heal, and Clone (no spot removal).

By @stan_matsui

The Healing tool is the correct tool to use. All three options can be used in single-click spot treatment mode, or with click and drag they can be extended beyond the single spot into freeform shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @stan_matsui

The Healing tool is the correct tool to use. All three options can be used in single-click spot treatment mode, or with click and drag they can be extended beyond the single spot into freeform shapes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks.

I guess I was expecting to see the Spot Removal tool (the circle with the arrow), but perhaps that has been superseded by the other Mode tools.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Spot healing tool icon is a 'Bandaid Dressing strip' now.  Do you get the connection- "Healing"?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for clarification - I am trying to access the old "visualize spots" filter in LR Classic. Has this gone by the wayside? The website help link only refers to this function under the old "Spot Removal" tool, but they have simplified that into the healing brush. How can I get the visualize spots filter back onto my develop module? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 18, 2023 Jul 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Spot Removal Tool is now called "Healing" - for which the keyboard shortcut is [ Q ]

Visualize Spots can be toggled on/off by keyboard [ A ]

The intensity of the Visualizer image can be adjusted (and toggled on/off) on the lower Tool Bar.

The lower Tool Bar can be toggled on/off by keyboard [ T ]

2023-07-19 11_06_58-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg    2023-07-19 11_06_35-Roberts Catalog-v12 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines