Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Can't Import Photos into Lightroom Classic

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am no longer able to import photos into LrC. I have the latest version of LrC and I am running Big Sur v 11.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and still no luck.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've got everything set in System Preferences for full disk access for Lightroom Classic?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For starters, I see the source is apparently an external hard drive, the destination is the Desktop on your computer, and you have selected the import method Copy.

Why?

Where do you want the photo's? Where they already are, or for some reason your desktop?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that you are new in the community. It is very common for new members to attach screenshots. That irritates many old salts in the community. Many of us absolutely refuse to open them. It is a trust issue.

I highly recommend that you post the screenshot via Insert Photo button,

an old image if this follows, a bit out if dare:

CreateAPost.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest version of LrC

That is also a new member habit that most members have an issue with. Latest Version, has turned out to be false in the past. Lease state exact Adobe program name and version.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, from your screenshot, on the right, Destination, expand that, what does it show? Is the destination viable? What worked in previous import may have changed, and LrC could be getting that wrong.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed.

Regards, Denis: iMac mid-2015, 5K 27”, GPU 2GB, Ram 24GB, HDD 3TB, macOS 11.6.1, LrC 11.0.1, Lr 5, Ps 23.0,; Camera OM-D E-M1.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same issue!

This happened after I updated to the latest version yesterday.

My images no longer show up to import. I've tried restarting, opening new catelogs, and nothing has worked. 

Help appreciated! (Screenshot Attached)

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2021-08-21 at 3.46.09 PM.png

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines