• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't install most recent update.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to install the most recent update to LrC (v 11.5), but I get an error message that says I must save my work and close LrC. It is closed.  What now? 

seagal_0-1661853233900.png

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do as the dialog tells you. You must update from the Creative Cloud app, and indeed Lightroom Classic must not be running because it can't be updated if it is running.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You stated. “ It is closed.  What now? ”

If you keep getting that message after shutting down your computer and rebooting then there may be a LOCK file present in the folder where your Catalog is located. You will need to delete that lock file it will have the same name as your Catalog with the .lock extension.

The lock file may have remained in place if Lightroom did not shut down properly.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines