Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't launch Lightroom Classic due to Lightroom Catalog error

New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

Since the latest update to version 11.1 I am unable to launch LrC due to this error and I don't know what it mean when there are no other programs using Lightroom catalog.

"The Lightroom Catalog named "Lightroom Catalog" cannot be opened because another application already has it opened." Quit the other copy of Lightroom before trying to launch.

Can anyone help?

I am using Windows.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  This worked by deleting the file name you mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2023 Sep 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am running LRC v12.5 on Windows 10 and had the same issue but just deleting theb [catalogname].Ircat.lock file (followed by restart of LRC) did not work.  With the help from Adobe Customer Support, we deleted not just the Ircat.lock file but also the temporary [catalogname].Ircat.wal and [catalogname].Ircat.shm files.  After all three were deleted, LRC restart, problem solved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines