Can't open files in folder I created in iCloud Drive

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using LRC on a Windows PC for many years and just recently switched to a MacBook.  Under the iCloud Drive folder I created a new folder named "_To be edited".  When I open LRC I am not able to see that folder, even though I gave LRC full disk access.  I am attaching two screenshots: 1 of my Finder window showing the folder in question, and the other of the dialog box when I try to open a file in LRC.  I would prefer to keep my folder structure as is, if possible.  Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Brad

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I am able to see that folder when I try to open a file in Microsoft Word or Excel.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The real location of the iCloud Drive folder is an obscure place in your user/Library folder, which is invisible by default. Apps that use MacOS to open folders will automatically be pointed to iCloud Drive by MacOS, but the Lightroom Classic import dialog uses its own path structures. That means you will have to browse all the way to that real location, which is /Users/[username]/Library/Mobile Documents/. And before you can do that you'll have to unhide that Library folder: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jonah,

Thanks so much for your tip. I was able to view the library folder but
there is no "mobile documents" folder within that. So, I just moved my
photos into a new folder within "Documents" and am able to open them in
LrC. I appreciate the time you took to help me out.

Regards,
Brad

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You probably looked in the wrong Lkbrary folder. MacOS has a Library folder on the root of Macintosh HD, but that is not the one I referred to. If you have iCould Drive turned on, then you'll have that MobileDownloads folder, because that is the iCloud Drive folder.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines