Can't open images from Lightroom into Photoshop

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Recently I’ve been having problems opening images from Lightroom into Photoshop. Sometimes the Photoshop window will open, but there’s no image there; other times nothing happens. Today, I tried to open two images as layers in Photoshop (Edit in> open as layers in PS 2022) and got “Could not open 1234.orf because of a disk error.” I opened both files from my desktop directly into Photoshop with no problem, so there’s nothing wrong with the files.

I uninstalled both PS & LR, restarted my computer, and reinstalled both apps. It made no difference. Again, I got the error message.

While I occasionally had this problem before, it’s gotten worse since I installed Catalina (10.15.7) on my iMac (2017, 64GB), which I did only because the new version of LR woudn’t work with Mojave.

I'd love to know what to do to solve this. Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Cross-app workflows , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reinstall Photoshop first, then Lightroom Classic? That's usually the fix.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did actually, just by luck.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2022 Feb 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have tried everything to no avail. I just updated both PS (1st) & LR and still have the same problem. I'm disappointed that no one else has offered any suggestions.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines