• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Open Lightroom

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6 on a mid 2010 iMac along with Lightroom Classic CC, which updates automatically.  In late December, a grey question mark appeared over my Lightroom icon, and Lightroom will not open.  I plan to purchase a new iMac in a couple of months, but need to gain access to my Lightroom photos.  It appears that Lightrooom has no phone customer suppport.  Where can I get assistance?  Thanks!  Ralph   

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 15, 2021 Feb 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question mark icon on the Lightroom program icon indicates it is no longer installed (older version?). Open the Creative Cloud app and reintall Lightroom Classic 10.1.1 if it is not already showing as installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Todd.  I tried to download Creative Cloud and reinstall as you described.  I couldn't find a reinstall Lightroom option.  My only option is to purchase or get a one week free trial on a new Lightroom contract.  Do I have to purchgase Creative Cloud in order to correct my Lightroom reinstallation?  I'm already paying the monthly Lightoom fee.  Could you give me more specific steps to follow?  Sorry, I'm not experienced with Creative Cloud or fixing Lightroom.  I've had Lightroom for many years, and never had a problem until December 2020.  Thanks!  Ralph

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 16, 2021 Feb 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to sign in using the Adobe ID and password you used when you purchsed the Lightroom subscription. See the below instructions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/access-adobe-id-account.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2021 Feb 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Followed your instructions then quit when I was warned that using a new cataloge would cause me to lose access to my current one.  As you can see, I'm not savey regarding manipulating cataloges, etc. in LR.  I wasn't able to use the old cataloge and continue.  I then spent over three hours with Adobe support.  Using the chat function, I was transferred twice (had three different agents trying to help).  I gave the third access to my computer, so I thought I was finally getting somewhere.  The agent was able to gain access to my computer, but the arrow just clicked on a few different items, then disappeared.  I re-signed in twice with the same results.  Finally, I got a message that the agent had terminated the session!  Still need help (sorry).  Ralph   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Followed your instructions then quit when I was warned that using a new cataloge would cause me to lose access to my current one."

That sounds like you tried to install 'Lightroom' in the Creative Cloud app instead of Lightroom Classic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Finally had live, phone help.  Switched plan to Lightroom Classic 9.4, due to my old software.  Everything works.  Thanks for your attention, Todd.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines