• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't rely on LRC folder organisation on the basis of date.

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was doing transfer of files from iphone.

But i think LRC doesn't look at the creation date. But more at the filename.

Somehow i have a image called IMG_4494.JPG and a movie IMG_4494.MOV (this is iphone format)

The image was from 10 april 2017

The video was from 28 april 2019

They now are sorted automaticly after import in folder 2017-14-10

I tried to do a rename based on creation date and LRC writes te wrong date for the video see screencapture. Screenshot 2023-01-16 at 03.40.43.png

If you look at the other files you also see a 4498.mov from 6 october and 4807.mov made 7 0ctober. They are nicely misplaced in 10 april 2017 folder. 

In this example you see images and movies. But sometime my images look similar in name code. But are from different creation dates. And the also are automatically organised in a wrong folder.

Question what can i do to make sure LRC looks at creation date. Because automatic organisation skills of LRC seems very odd.

thanks in advance

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you importing the photos and videos via USB cable? If so, there is a known bug with Mac OS 13 and LR 12 getting the dates wrong:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-import-seems-to-misinterpret-exif-date-time/...

See this reply for workarounds:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/p-import-seems-to-misinterpret-exif-date-time/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Super tnx for the explaination. Still strange. But now i know i'm not the only one. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines