• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't save files in Photoshop imported from Lightroom (Windows)

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an issue, when i make my edit on lightroom and the i wanna make other edits on Photoshop, then when i want to save to make that re-appear on lightroom, it gives me an error:

Unable to save as "filename" because the file il locked, you don't have the necessary permissions or the file is currently used in another program.

i wanna specifies that i used lightroom and photoshop since 2017, and didn't give me any error like this.

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that you see an issue while saving your images from Lightroom to Photoshop. We're here to help.

Which version of Photoshop, Lightroom, and Windows are you using? Since when are you seeing this issue, after an application or a system update? Where are the images located? What is the file format you are trying to save it?

Would you mind sharing your workflow?

You can try resetting Photoshop preferences using the steps mentioned here: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#reset_preferences.

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences.

You can check: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html#BackupPhotoshoppreferences

Let us know if this helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, im using the last version of photoshop and lightroom, just uploaded few days ago, and Windows 10

i have this issue after an update of lightroom and photoshop

The imges are located on a normal Hard Disk, and for the file format i have first an .ARW and then it save that automaticcaly in tiff for lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines