• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't see all sigma lens profiles

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the proud owner of various Sigma lenses (50mm Art, 85mm Art, 14-24mm Art, 24-70mm Art, 70-200mm) that I use with my Nikon D850.
I edit my images using Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Lightroom.
My problem; Lightroom only shows me a fraction of the available profiles (see screenshot 1). However, Lightroom seems to have the profiles available (see screenshot 2).
Possibly you know the problem and can help me?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Most lens profiles are for raw files only, so I'm guessing that you're shooting jpg.

Lens corrections for jpg files are usually applied by the camera, so they are already corrected when you open them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most lens profiles are for raw files only, so I'm guessing that you're shooting jpg.

Lens corrections for jpg files are usually applied by the camera, so they are already corrected when you open them in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First up, yes, are you using a RAW image.

Moving on, Yur screen Capture, reposted so other members do not have to open an attachment (it is a trust issue, might be unfounded, but..)

GoldingD_0-1663516056388.jpeg

For a lens on a Nikon, you are looking (I think) in the wrong place, those are Sigma lenses, but probably for a Sigma camera. I am speaking of that second from right column, select Nikon instead, this is what you can see (in part)

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 8.51.56 AM.png

That being said, yes, still showing lots of Sigma lenses. Just saying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem for my Sigma 10-20 and I am most definitely editing a RAW file.  The Lightroom folder in file explorer shows something like 100 Sigma lenses including the one I am looking for, but in Lightroom, I only have about 5 showing. 

The problem is not that I am trying to edit a jpg file.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2022 Sep 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't have to be a Jpeg, you'd get the same response if using a Tiff or PSD. So what's the file extension of the file you are editing that only shows 5 Sigma lens profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, as usually happens when I definitively say that I'm not doing something, I find out that I definitely was!  Here's how I remember it happening...I opened a folder with all of the CR3 files in it and either I accidentally grabbed a jpg while copying the files from my SD card, or my Lightroom was on crack because when I clicked on it Lightroom said that I had already added it, so I opened the one already added. (run-on sentence much?)  I had opened the jpg file in Lightroom previously but assumed that it wouldn't identify the files as the same because of file type.  I'm pretty sure it was my error, not Lightroom's.  LOL  So...Yes, I was editing a .jpg. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines