• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't see Canon EOS R5 HEVC (H.265) files on Lightroom CC 9.4

Community Beginner ,
Sep 27, 2020 Sep 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm using Adobe Lightroom CC 9.4. I can see EOS R5 raw files (CR3) and H.264 video (mp4) files, but it can't load H.265 (HEVC) mp4 files. I don't need to edit videos on Lightroom CC but still want to manage all files (Stars and Color labels, etc) on there.

Is there any settings to load H.265 to Lightroom CC or is there any plan to support it?

MacOS 10.15.6
Lightroom CC 9.4 (Camera Raw 12.4)
Canon EOS R5
4K UHD 59.94P IPB + Canon Log enabled
[NOTE] HEVC (H.265) file is generated when Canon Log is enabled.

Thanks!
Satoshi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LR does support H.265, but LR's video support has always been riddled with problems, and its error messages are useless. 

I suspect the issue could be not with H.265 but with the log encoding--I'm not sure, but I don't think LR supports any of the various log encodings.  Try shooting an H.265 video with log turned off. (This article claims that H.265 is used for 8K video while 4K is in H.264. The manual doesn't say.)

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2020 Sep 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, yes, Canon Log might be the key, but I can't disable it because this is what I exactly want to use. 
I just hope Lightroom CC will support 10bit Canon Log (H.265, mp4). No need to edit movie but I want to organize (star, color level etc...) both photos and videos in one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just some info Lightroom Classic 9.4 is not referred to as Lightroom CC you should use LrC 9.4

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2020 Sep 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Oh, yes, Canon Log might be the key, but I can't disable it because this is what I exactly want to use."

I recommend that you see if LR can import a sample H.265 video from the camera (without C-Log). If LR can't import the non-log video, then you should post a bug report:

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/send-bug-report-feature-request-adobe/

Be sure to include the first ten lines of the menu command Help > System Info.  Upload the video to Dropbox or similar (not Youtube) and include a sharing link.

If LR can import the non-log video but not the log video, then post a feature request instead of a bug report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2021 Apr 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clunky work around here:

1. Import the cLog H265s into Lightroom (web) via the desktop App
  2. Create album in Lightroom (web)
  3. Right-click new album in Lightroom (web) and select 'Store Album Locally'
  4. (wait ages) A new Collection (not album) appears in Lightroom Classic with your video files

LRC still has a nervous breakdown looking at the files locally, but they're stored in the right place for viewing in FCPX or even Photos.

Screenshots below

LR.pngLRC.png

"One App to Rule them All...waiting"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same problem here importing H265 120p CLog from the Canon R5 into LrC 11.2. I get the dreaded "An unknown error occurred while reading the video file."

Quick question and I appreciate your help. I haven't gone down the rabbit hole of cloud-based LR but you are saying that LR (cloud) will import the 10bit clog video files and put them into the database that LrC can open?

Thanks - Russell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines