• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't stop duplicate drive volume creation for external drive

Explorer ,
Dec 06, 2020 Dec 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Duplicate appearence of my main volume on external drive. See attached screen clip.

Running Mac OS 10.15.4 Lightroom Classic version: 9.4 

I followed the recommended procedure which has you "update folder location" to a different tempory attached external drive. Once moved to the temp the duplicate is gone However, when you then try and update folder location back the the real volume it instead creates the duplicate. Also when I import (Add) a new file in a directory on the normal external volume it puts it in the duplicate volume instead.

Note, the duplicate volume is same name and same case.

All files are intact on the actaul folder structure on the drive so this appears to be a cataolog issue.

I have an open case with Adobe and have had two lengthy chat sesions and not yet resolved this.

Their last suggestions was to delete the duplicate folders, make a new catalog for the folders not in main catalog and then merge catalog. That does not sound right to me and I doubt it would fix the issue.

I'm tempted to just move everything to a new drive but i don't have one to try and still wonder if it would leave something broken.

Please, what is the correct way to fix this?

-Ted

{Moved from Lightroom Cloud to Lightroom Classic Forum by Moderator} 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there no-one technical at Adobe that can proposose a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines