• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update Lighroom to the latest version

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am running Mac OS Monterey v12.0.1 (late 2015 model with an i5 and 24gigs of ram) and I can't update the Lightroom version beyond 8.3. The strange thing is that a macbook i have with Big Sur mac OS 11.6.1 (late 13 model with an i7 and 8 gigs of ram) already is updated to the latest version of Lightroom Classic (11.0). Any ideas why is that happening? Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

As stated, your copy was probablty that buggy one that would not show updates, heck I now remember it would not show an update for ACCDA existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are allowed two activated installations of LrC. Are you within the limit?

Is the Adobe Creative Cloud app installed and signed in to your Adobe a/c?
You indicate you cannot install, do you get an error message if so post a screen capture or the exact wording of the message.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply. I have just one version of LrC installed and i am signed in to the creative cloud. The weird thing is that the app is "up to date" according to the creative cloud, even though it's clearly not. I do not get any error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

beyond 8.3. 

Actually, my foggy memory thinks what follow occurred more around the v8.2 time. But is your copy of the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App current? Way back then an issue occurred with it, Adobe fixed in an update. Issue was it showed no updates available. Current, I think, is Version 5.6.0.788 as shown in:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well something weird happened, for some reason LrC was installed on the iCloud. I removed it and installed it again but now i got the updated version. I have no clue how that happened but now it's fixed. I just re-installed it, as simple as that. Anyway, thank you both for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated, your copy was probablty that buggy one that would not show updates, heck I now remember it would not show an update for ACCDA existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines