Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't use the ADD option during the Importing process

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I just updated my MACOS to Ventura 13.2 and now I am unable to import photos using the ADD option. I am using Lightroom Classic V12.1. I've done the steps of giving Lightroom Classic full access as listed in tutorials posted in other threads. I've tried using two different external drives, I've restarted my computer, and still no luck.

Is there another method that can help me with this issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like MacOS Ventura sees these external drives as removable drives. Lightroom does not allow you to 'add' images from a removable drive to the catalog, only to 'copy' them to another destination and import them from there. This is a precaution so you do not lose images by adding them to the catalog but keeping them on a memory card, for example. If you could do that by mistake, then you would lose the images when you formatted the card again.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the technical description, however it doesn't really help me with the issue at hand. Is this an issue on the side of the OS or the program? I rely on having an external HDD to do all my edits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the technical description, however it doesn't really help me with the issue at hand. Is this an issue on the side of the OS or the program?

By @Dr3up

This is exactly what I was trying to explain. It is an issue of the OS, not of the program. What kind of external disk is it? MacOS Ventura obviously does not see every external disk as a removable, so Lightroom can certainly work with external disks in MacOS Ventura too. I do exactly that every day.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[This post contains formatting and embedded images that don't appear in email. View the post in your Web browser.]

Next troubleshooting steps:

1. Make sure you've granted Full Disk Access to LR:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/quick-tips-how-to-give-full-disk-access...

2. If that doesn't help, then:

a. Start the Disk Utility app.

b. In the left column, find one of the problem external drives and note the exact volume name, e.g.

johnrellis_0-1675728505303.png

c. Start the Terminal app.

d. Type this command:

diskutil info "Miscellaneous2"

replacing "Miscellaneous2" with the exact name of the volume from step b, with the exact case, including any spaces in the name and the double quotes.

e. Copy and paste the entire ouptut here.

(The Disk Utility's Get Info command doesn't provide all the required information, so don't bother doing that.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines